They rarely go beyond 5lbs per week because they believe that's the healthy standard.
However, many-a-times, situations compel one to go beyond the 5lb per week limit.
Is it safe? Or should you stick to the standard recommended by experts? There are possibilities that you can push the upper limit.
In this article, we'll tell you a realistic time to lose 20 pounds safely.
For those ready toil hard: 20 pounds in 2 weeks 20 pounds in two weeks translates to 10 pounds a week.
This is one extreme and it is for those who have to lose a significant amount of weight in preparation of an upcoming competition.
This weight loss goal calls for severe curtailment in diet and rigorous exercise.
- Exercise is the only key to lose weight quickly and efficiently.
Diet restrictions will fall flat if used alone.
Do high intensity cardio exercises.
This includes walking, running, jogging, yoga and aerobic dancing.
- Your cardio sessions should last anywhere between 30-60 minutes and not less than that.
- Cardio exercises must be combined with strength training exercises if you want fast results in the least possible time.
- Unlike other days you will have to work out on minimum six days a week.
5 pounds per week.
This figure is a reasonable amount.
If you opt for this weight loss goal, you can tone down your exercise schedule and relax your diet plan a bit.
- You can perform the same aerobic exercises listed above.
However, unlike the earlier program, you can take up interval training.
This includes alternating between high and low intensity exercises.
- You can reduce the cardio workout period to 15-30 minutes.
- Instead of working out on all 6 days of the week, you can work out on five days and rest for the other two days.
Among the 5 days you workout on, you can dedicate 3 to cardio and 2 to strength training.
This way the body won't get tired.
- Creating a calorie deficit.
- Eating fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats as they are rich in proteins, fiber, vitamins, minerals and nutrients.
- Not skipping meals.
- Eating 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day.
- Cutting back on fat, sugar and sodium.
- Drinking plenty of water and fresh fruit juices.
- And, getting adequate sleep each night.
If you suffer any chronic illnesses or ailments or use certain medication, you should discuss it with your doctor.
Throughout, pay attention to any signals your body gives you.
If you fall sick often or feel weak and fatigued, it's time you slowed things down bit.
So, use these simple and easy ways to drop 20 pounds and start feeling and looking good.